WHAT IF.... WEST SALEM WAS IT'S OWN CITY

WHAT IF... WEST SALEM WAS IT'S OWN CITY
I am starting a starting a new section on my blog, it's what if Thursdays. Every week I will propose a theory on a place in Oregon and weigh the likelihood and ramifications. This week I will be discussing west Salem. I think that there is a slight possibility that it could become it's own city. It sits along the Willamette river and is technically a neighborhood in Salem, but it could be much more. It is located in Polk county whilst the rest of Salem is in Marion county. West Salem is mostly residential and some retail chains. It has the population to back up becoming a city. West Salem's population was 24,183 in 2012, and it is a considerable part of Salem's residential population. 

If west Salem became it's own city it would be the largest city in Polk county, and would probably become the county seat. It is an interesting question to ponder. Do you have anything you would like me to cover? Do you want me to cover your town? Let me know in the comments. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SILVERTON

BAKER CITY

OREGON CITY(THE SUBURBS)